“I find you disturbingly beautiful,” are the contradictory words bestowed upon the governess by her master.
Mr Buchannan’s infatuation is a shadow from which Nell cannot escape. The feelings he holds for her are not reciprocated, and though his lust soon turns to love, Nell’s feelings towards him turn to hatred. Dreams and a love of literature are Nell’s only escapism from the downtrodden life she leads as a governess in the nineteenth century.
One night, an intruder on the estate catches Nell off guard, but she gives chase; a decision that leads her through an opening in time between the centuries, where she finds equality, true friendship and a completely different outlook on life.
Despite using this to her advantage to escape the advances of her unwanted suitor, she is somewhat perturbed when she unexpectedly finds him at her side in the twenty-first century. Will love conquer all, or will time always stand in their way?
Hello Judy and Laura, it’s an honor to ask you some questions for Collector of Book Boyfriends blog.
Thank you very much for the opportunity to feature on your blog
1. How has been the experience of co-writing? How did it start? What have been the best about it? What is the hardest thing about writing together?
It has been fun- it started in 2010, we have wrote 4 books together so far, the hardest thing sometimes is agreeing.
2. What are your ambitions for the future?
More books of different genres
3. Which are your favorite authors and how they inspire your career?
Enid Blyton- she was probably the start of my imagination
4. What are you working on at the moment? What is it about?
A vampire romance (and researching for a full regency)
5. What book/s are you currently reading?
L L Hunter – Molten (Laura) A new York winter tale (Judy)
6. Do you write full-time or part-time?
Part time- with a 10 old son & grandson it is interesting
7. Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
We get an outline first
8. What was the inspiration to write Disturbingly Beautiful?
The beautiful cover
9. Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from Disturbingly Beautiful?
Michelle Keegan (Nell)
10. Tell us about the cover of Disturbingly Beautiful: how it came about? Who designed it?
Designed by Regina Wamba- mae I design – she is amazing
Laura Wells is a swimming teacher, with a love of books, animals and, of course, Jane Austen. Once a national swimmer, she now runs three swim schools of her own. She enjoys spending her spare time with her family and two mad Shiba Inus. She lives in Staffordshire, England.
Laura and Judy are a mother and daughter duo; with Judy’s love of poetry and writing and Laura’s ideas, they work extremely well together. Time-travel and historical romance novels are their passion, and they hope that after you have read their books, you will feel the same.